Ulcers

I have a horse that was just diagnosed with stomach ulcers and I was curious
if anyone else has had the same problem? How is this going to affect his
ability to compete? Also is there anything else I can supplement him with
besides the very expensive medicines. I cant find alot of research done on
ulsers and it seems to be not a rare thing in horses. Any and all help is
greatly appreaciated.

                               Penny      hmhaji@paclink.com