Re: Nez Perce Appaloosas

I think Pintos can have any background.  According to the breeders I
have talked with and who are doing this... one can breed a TB to a Paint
and if it is colored, it can be registered Paint (I don't see why it
couldn't be registered Pinto, too, but I don't know for sure) and if it
is solid, the foal could still be registered "breeding stock"
Paint...but the TB would have to be registered.  If not, then I think
Pinto would be the registry to accept it.  (shrug, shrug... this is only
according to my sources who I have to assume know what they are doing...
I have tried to convince some of them they should cross those foundation
bred horses with my Egyptian bred Arab, but they're not buying!).
That's just my humble opinion!  :)
Maggie