Re: Nez Perce Appaloosas

Not entirely true...much like the Appaloosas, Paints are a color breed and though
QH seems to dominate them, there are alot of "foundation bred" horses out there
that have very little QH blood in them.  My husband trims/shoes for several Paint
breeders in our area.  Granted, most are of the QH type but not all.  I have also
discovered with some of the QH breeders that big butts and tiny feet are NOT an
example of the early QH type... some of the foundation bred stock I have seen are
smaller, wirier and would make great distance horses.  These are the ones with
the highest percentages of foundation stock in their background.  As I said, I
learn something new all the time.  This is what I have learned from breeders who
have quoted to me from registry rules and generally enlightened my ignorance!
Maggie