muscle tears and time off from riding

Would anyone else have any experience with this sort of thing? I tore
the three muscles and the one tendon in my rotator cuff (in a car
accident). I've not been able to ride for 2 weeks, and the therapist
said that it would be a while... My questions is - how long? Will this
be a problem later?

Stephanie McCray
Golden CO