Re: tripping & falling

In a message dated 11/22/98 7:22:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, cyclone@snet.net
writes:

<< 3) if you maintain CONTACT with a horse's mouth, and SUPPORT him when he
 stumbles, he is able to do the following:
 - he forms an arch with his spine from hind end through withers and neck
 to bit
 - he presses against the reins with his mouth
 - your contact becomes stronger, redirecting that pressure to a more
 rearward place on the horse (through your arms/body/seat) provided
 that's where YOU are, and not leaning forward
 - he flexes his arched spine upward, thereby elevating the withers and
 allowing him the ability to recover his balance and get his front legs
 back out in front of him >>

This is a well worded explanation of what I was TRYING to say.  I try not to
jerk the horse's head up, but maintain contact so as to help him balance,
collect, get back on his feet.

BMc