Re: Tripping

A baseball thrown by a pitcher to a batter at 100 miles an hour takes
450 milliseconds (a millisecond being one one thousandth of a second).
This is a little under 1/2 second.  That is probably about the time it
takes an average human to start to ract.  How many baseball players can
hit a 100 mph fastball - not very many.

Studies have been done which show that even the top tennis players take
about 250 milliseconds before they can react to a stimilus.

My experience has been that minor stumbles the horse takes care on his
own and serious trips, I am usually on the ground before I can react.

If a horse seriously trips and you can react in sufficient time to make
any difference, then the Dodgers want to talk to you.

Truman (Who used to be able to hit a 100 mph fast ball and was offer a
chance to explore this talent by the Pittsburg Pirates a long long time
ago).

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm