Re: SERVER UPDATE

> Solve it in software or live with it.

I disagree with several of your points (and if you'd like to take the
technical discussion private, please feel free to do so), the last
of which is relevant to this list:

1 - Micro$oft and Netscape are in the driver's seat only because we let
them take that position.  If we want to control our computer systems
ourselves, it's time to take back the responsibility.  Those of us "in the
know" have an obligation to educate those who aren't.

2 - It's not the sole responsibility of the listowner to educate the
subscribers; fellow subscribers can and do, and frankly do a pretty good
job on here.

3 - Steph runs this list as a *free service* for all of us, and I think
it's a bit presumptuous for us to suggest that she update her software so
that a few subscribers can avoid spending 5 minutes learning how to check
a few boxes.  Every new user is allowed one or two bad messages as they
learn their way, but after that, it's the user's responsibility to learn
the rules of the game.  If you join a game that has been playing for years
and years without you, you learn the existing rules and abide by them, or
you start your own game.  There are many individuals on this list who are
happy to help the newbies learn the rules of the game.  Don't ask the host
to build you a new stadium at her expense.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310
SE Region