Re: HELMET: BEST BRAND?

Flemmer, Linda wrote:

> Most of the visors that come with the helmets are poor.  The ones from
> Troxel warped and didn't provide enough shade.  I bought an after market
> visor by a bicycle company called Salamander.  It is stiff cordura,
> larger than the std Troxel visor, velcros on, and much more stylish.
> (Came in a liited number of colors in a bike catalog - most importantly,
> it came in purple!)

Around here it is mainly farm country. Not much in the department of
horse supplies, let alone helments like Troxel. So, since there are lots
of bicycle helmets, would a bicycle helmet work as well? I have a weird
shaped head and I would need to try on helmets to find one to fit. So
could I go to bicyle shops and get a helmet and would it work?

Lynette Helgeson