Re: (no subject)was helmets

FYI, here at our barn we now ALL wear helmets even on trail rides - you know,
those rides where you actually see the scenery in something other than a
thirsty blur...

About 9 months ago, my best mare (kind of old, but...) tripped - on a familiar
trail and an easy trot. Down she went and so did I. Thank GOD for my helmet. I
slammed my head against a fallen tree limb and without that helmet, would have
had part of it in my head. A well-tarined, experienced horse on a familiar,
safe, FLAT trail....teh helmet hair look was worth it on that day. So we wear
them. I figure I look BETTER with hat hair than in traction.
Sandy