bloody soles

I'm hoping some of you can give some insight on a problem I have. The
farrier came today and when my mares front shoes ( with full pads) were
pulled, and her feet trimmed there was a very distinct area of blood stain,
about the size of a quarter, on her sole just at the tip of her frog on
both front feet. This mare has been in fairly light use lately, but over
some very rocky ground - thus the pads. She doesn't have great feet, a bit
coon footed, and very flat soles. The fact that she showed the exact same
bleeding pattern on both feet makes me think there is something going on
internally, rather than some sort of bruising. I did how ever use her in
Vermont a few weeks ago and did quite a bit of work on cement like gravel
roads. Maybe some sort of concussion problem? She has shown no signs of
lameness.I really don't know what to make of this, and neither did my
farrier. If any of you have any thoughts on this please let me know.
Vicki