Re: Iraq & the WEC

I don't know a thing about military strategy, but Saddam is already
politically isolated with virtually no allies among the other nations,
especially since they too are all potential targets for
biological/chemical weapons.  It seems to me that the worst possible
move he could make strategically would be to arbitrarily attack a
multi-national group of horses and riders, totally unrelated to the
Iraqi issues, even if in retaliation to a U.S. military strike.  I can't
think of a faster way for him to get himself promptly blown right off
the map by every country with the military capabilities---which he's
right on the edge of, anyway.  Saddam may be a madman, but he's not dumb
when it comes to political manuevering and posturing.

Just my .02, of course.

Susan G