Re: Iraq & the WEC

SUSAN SWOPE-ATTARDI wrote:

> While it's a respectable distance, Iraq it is still the middle east.  Any
> thoughts as to how the latest upset in Iraq may affect the WEC?
>
> Susan Swope
> SE Region
> Kentucky

Hi all,

here in Germany we think about the possibility of a total cancellation
of that event. Remember, there is only a distance of about 500 km
between Iraq and the UAE. If someone is trying out chemical or even
heavier weapons, the jetstream will bring all those "goodies" directly
towards the UAE. It could be a big risk for people as well as for the
horses. But because I am crew-member of the German team, I hope that it
is going to a peaceful solution there in Iraq. The worst thing to happen
is a war just beginning when everybody has arrived in Dubai.
Let's pray (maybe someone has a close contact to Mr. Clinton - please
tell him "No attack before the 17th of December").

Hope to meet some of you in Dubai,

Wolfgang

Germany