Re: 40 weanling colts

Hi everyone,
         Well, I am pleased to report that APPARANTLY  all the weanling colts
that needed homes have been placed. If there were still some homeless colts, I
feel sure the Canadian fellow who was trying to place them  would have
returned one of my MANY calls or faxes. I even left word with is son AND on
his fax machine AND on his answering machine to call me COLLECT to let me know
if he still needed homes.  I begged for a  fax to let me know if the crisis is
over or not....so, I can only surmise that the crisis must be over or  he
would still be asking for help.
              If my experience is any indication of the response he got, he
must have been absolutely swamped with offers to take these babies. People
have been extrememly responsive and concerned. It has been really touching to
see so many people willing to help.
         I want to thank the many folks who responded to my post to help these
colts.  If I had the colts myself I could have found homes for no  less than
18 of them!!  Not bad for a couple days work, eh?? Too bad I wasted my time.
Oh well.  Best wishes to all!
Happy trails everyone,
Beverly Schlegel
Blue Ridge Mts. of SWVA