Re: SADDLE FITTING - GET REAL & Re: Who is smoking what

"DUH, Exactually how do you shim using, washcloths, towels, and chewing
> gum. What is the compressability of the various media relative to the
> weight of the rider...relative to the weight of the horse? What is the

> feedback loop that tells you that what you have done does what you
think
> it has done? the horse tells you??? Psychicallly........ you know
> because the horse goes the way you think it should go? Hey lets get
> real. John Gleen is in space......lets grow up and get some real
> scientific data just like John Gleen is doing. Hello"

and

"Please, I am not too bright so how is it that you Know how that these
fancy shims actually are the right shape for the saddle? What does
gavity have to do with all this? ....what shape these the shims to shim
to the unmounted horse....or the mounthed horse? How squishhhny is the
shim? Is a thicker shim more squisiiiiiiiiy than the thinnner shim? What

does this mean to the horse....... Relative to the weight of the rider?
What is going on here? Who is kidding whom? Is there any real data here?

Does anyone have the data that they are willing to go into court with?
or......are we just hussling people. DAH I do not know what is
happening, .....can someone straighten me out?"

Perhaps a post in response to the saddle fitting clinics and the use of
shims could have been phrased differently and without a sarcastic
format. The "duh" (misspelled dah) and "hello" comments were presented
negatively, in my opinion, by a poster who should  be presenting himself
professionally- especially if he is in the saddle fit business himself!
If one *really* wants to know about shims and their usefulness in saddle
fit, why not just ask for information rather than attack the concept?
Even the titles "Get Real" and "Who Is Smoking What" are sarcastic and
imply that an opinion on saddle fit different than ones own is
incorrect.  Not too bright indeed!