Re: Wintec saddles

> The main problem is that even the "wide" tree tends to be too narrow for
> many Arabs and can seriously pinch the withers/shoulder area.

Every Arab in our barn that is ridden in a Wintec (close contact and A/P
models) has huge white patches on the withers and one has thickened skin under
the white hair.  That's four out of eight.  I was told the trees are flexible,
so that even if the saddle doesn't appear to fit when placed on the back, it
will when the rider is in the saddle.  I say the evidence is to the contrary.

I used the first model of Wintec available in the U.S. on an Anglo Arab many
years ago with great success.  He did not have wide shoulders.  My conclusion
is that yes, even the wide tree is not wide enough for most Arabs, and no, the
tree does not flex enough to prevent pinching.

Linda
San Francisco