Re: International AERC Team Selection Process

Jean,

Thank you for your post which states my views as well.  I have learned much
about the process of selection by reading all that comes across the net.  I
did not know till you mentioned it, that all horses are not judged for the
same qualities.

I have come to the belief that the PROCESS could be improved.
3 score cards could be developed, 1 for the horse, 1 for the rider, and 1 for
them as a team.
Competition is not equal in all areas of the country, perhaps a way could be
developed to see some head to head races.
wisdom to hold a horse back, so that he just finishes top 10, rather than
first, has been held up as the best quality.  I do believe that the wisdom to
get enough out of a great horse to win (SAFELY) should have even greater
value.
When we go for the Gold, or any metal color, we need to have individuals out
there who can deliver when they are racing against the very best 200 horses in
the World.  Some areas of the country may only have 1 or 2 great horses.  It
is a whole different race when you have the 200 best out on the track with
you.  Learning how to deliver under that kind of pressure may be a very big
benefit of a National qualifying race.  If a horse or rider blows that race,
why we have all learned something, including the rider.  This race could be
held early enough in the year so as not to impact the International
performance.  That type of pressure would more closely resemble the conditions
of actual International events, the learning would benefit our team.

I am happy with OUR TEAM, I wish them the best of luck.  I also hope that we
will continue to develop a stronger, fairer SELECTION PROCESS.

Lynge Simoni
West