Re: Why Prop 6?

Lynge wrote:
>Heidi can tell you better than I what this Bill will eventually do to the
>price of horses.  Most of the horse owning public cannot afford to stable a
>useless horse.

OK, most of the horse owning public cannot afford to
stable a useless horse.  I agree with that.  Please
continue...

Therefore... ?

You'd rather see them worth $600 minumum so they can
be shipped for 3 days from California to Texas?  What
would you do with a failing dog?  Can't ship it to
Texas, it's not worth $600.  Geez,  Let's see.  It would
cost you about $200 to have the dog euthanized and
sent off to Bubbling Wells (Northern California's small
animal cremation).  It would cost you about $200 to
have the useless horse put down and hauled off by the
tallow company.

Why can't people afford their horses what they afford
their dogs?  What is the big deal in the "meat price"
of horses in California?  Please, enlighten us.

- Kat Myers
in San Mateo, CA with Magnum the TB ex-racer
... worthless to all but his mom
and Mr Maajistic... resident Endurance Arab