Re: Horse Height & Bone

Mia,
    In my posts to Susan I don't believe I was "confrontational".  If you felt
my posts were worded in that fashion, you err.  And if Susan believes that to
be true, I apologize to her.
    I thought it was a "dialogue" relating to front legs.  And from reading
her responses to my "thoughts", it seems she took them as intended.
    And as far as "discouraging remarks"...I doubt that, as well.
    I, too, am grateful that Susan shares her "statistics" with folks who read
"Ridecamp"...I'm sure she helps alot of folks with her research and
ultimately, helps the horses who are the ones that find themselves going down
the trail.
    All opinions, scientifically researched or not, are not inherently valid.
They're just "opinions".
    I've seen too many bad-legged horses succeed in various endeavors to
actually believe that there are any hard and fast rules when it comes to how
conformation translates into successful performance.
    Statistics are okay, but I know enough about them to realize they can be
made to make just about any point, irrespective of validity.(And please don't
jump to the assumption that I am saying her reseach is "invalid"...on the
contrary, I think it's significant.)
Luck to you,
Frank.