Re: Horse Height & Bone

In a message dated 98-11-03 20:34:04 EST, DVeritas@aol.com writes:

<<  However, I've yet to see you address the "dryness" of associated
 tendons.  It has been my experience, in "walking" tendons in my fingers, that
 horses do exist with large CBC's and appear to have "good" front legs.  >>

Frank, I agree absolutely.  There are MANY factors which all go together to
contribute to potential soundness, and those "meatball" legs are a negative in
my experience, too.  Another real negative is the long back with the weak
loin.  No matter HOW good the legs and HOW good the bone, if the horse can't
round his back properly to carry weight, he will eventually take it out on his
legs.  Have seen numerous unsound horses over the years with what I would have
considered to be fabulous legs, and the fault has been in the body.

Heidi