Anne Springs Close Greenway

Hey, did anyone go to the Buzzy Stokes Sponsored Trail Ride at Greenway last
Saturday?  I took Laddie, my 15 y/o Welsh Pony.  We went on the Orange trail,
which is mostly hills with occasional patches of deep mud and loose rocks.
Laddie insisted on charging up ALL of the hills and sliding down them whenever
possible!  Luckily there was a very convenient Bass pond halfway for the
horses to have a drink and a sponge-off.  The route was just gorgeous with the
leaves turning and the footing mostly perfect.  A slow walk was too much to
ask for, with all those lovely upward slopes to gallop up.  It was a shorter
ride, so we were allowed to be less conservative!  ;)
Laddie recovered quite well from the ride, and was cool and relaxed within 20
minutes of returning.  A lot of people were surprised when I told them that
this was his first competitive distance ride after 6 years on the
Hunter/Jumper Circuit.  But who says an old horse can't learn new tricks?!

--Sara
Lad-man the Wonder Pony
Jessie, (arab/NSSH yearling) Tevis winner of the future!