Re: Dubai-Child Slavery-US Participation at WEC

This is not to condone the horrifying child slavery acts, but I don't
think we should pass judgement as a whole on the UAE because of the acts
of a hopefully small slice of their population.

Horrible things happen to children in this country, too.  Everyday.  But
wouldn't we feel a little blind-sided if other countries condemned us
personally because of the acts of others that are totally outside our
immediate awareness or control?

I happen to agree with the belief that the more you travel, the smaller
the world becomes.  Maybe the more cultural interaction there is through
this sort of international competition, the more exchange of values and
the better the communication.  Not that anyone is seriously proposing
this, but I would think that rather than "boycotting" another country
based on the actions of a few, we should make an efffort to talk with
the locals and find out if they know this child slavery is going on and
what can we all do to help solve the problem?

Just an opinion, of course.

Susan G