Salt blocks & Black Widows

>Our salt blocks did alot of sitting until we moved them RIGHT BESIDE
>the
>waterers.

I used to keep mine there.  I have it in one of those plastic salt block
holders that it sat in.  When I turned it over there was a big Black
Widow Spider nesting in the bottom of it.  Killed that one, turned it
over later and there was another.  They love dark damp places.  The water
trough ran over just often enough to keep it that way.  There's slots in
it to let rainwater run through so that the salt block won't be sitting
in water.  I just didn't care for the idea of Kaboot's tongue being that
close to them.

  By the way, I water in big garbage cans.  I seldom turn it over but
what there's a Black Widow nesting in that little slot that you're
supposed to stick you fingers in to turn it upside down. IK!!!  j

I'd seen one Black Widow in my life, until a fellow chewed me out for
reaching under a water trough to turn it over and told me that's the sort
of place they nest.  Since then I check...and I've killed dozens!

Angie

Angie McGhee & Kaboot
Wildwood, GA
Rides2far@juno.com
Kabootnme@aol.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]