WEC

Jerry:

I am glad you put things back in perspective. There is not one bad
rider in that team , they are all great. The problem is not
the team but the process of selection. There are many other
great riders that were left out of the team by the personal
opinion of a group of individual selectors who may not know them
or ever seen them ride. I believe it is wrong to select a team based
on paper records and the report of some selector that may have seen
them ride. This process discounts a number of other qualities
that would surface under a competitive situation. I personally would
never want to be in the position of making this selection, the
selection should be sorted out by the trail.

THE TEAM IS WHAT IT IS AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE
IT. STAND BEHIND THE TEAM NOW AND WORK TO CHANGE THE
SYSTEM FOR THE FUTURE.

Regards,

Carlos Crespo
Florida

<<Dear Drin, Just to set the record straight, I have never and will not knock
a current team member.  The debate is on the selection process and some
have taken it personally.  To bad.  What we would like to see is a one day
race and raced by weight divisions.  So our argument is at two levels.
First, FEI racing should be by weight divisions.  That gives everyone a
chanece to shine.  And whats so bad about that.?  From my perspective it
opens up the sport to more people being involved.  If you believe that
weight does make a difference then its obvious .  Next, the selection
process does have its flaws.  Lets say it was perfect this year.  I can
tell you for a fact in years past in the central  time zone there were
placings that were on the buddy system.  The selection system is open to
just that, and that should change.  Its not fair to those who try very hard
and are set down for no other reason than a lack of ass kissing.  We look
forward to the day where we can all get it on and know that if we win in a
race off, we are ging for the big race later.  I believe that what we ask
for is reasonable, fair and in the best interests of our sport.  And no,
I'll keep hammereing away for a fari system as long as I can ride.
Sincerely,  Jerry Fruth>>