Re: WEC:Deep sand/High Humidity

To settle this matter somewhat.  I was there last
year...and I will tell you it was humid...not as
bad as Florida can be, but as bad as it usually is
for, say, the Old Dominion.  And, yes, everything
shuts down from 1 PM to 5 PM.  Everyone takes a
nap or sits in an air conditioned restaurant.
Even the banks are closed.

As far as the sand goes...just like here: if it is
packed, it's not bad, if you ride dunes, it is
knee deep.  The course sounds like a variety of
both.  I am sure it will be a challenge.

It was indeed a challenge to keep horses
hydrated.  TONS of ice water and eletrolytes. I am
sure it will be much the same this year.

Teddy