Re: Re To Tall Horse

In a message dated 98-10-30 19:59:43 EST, helgeson@lansford.ndak.net writes:

<< I just have to ask, what is a daisy clipping trot? Please describe. Is
 this a southern term that we northern people have never heard of, or is it
 an endurance term that us newbies haven't been exposed to yet. :-) >>

Naw, the southerners can't make full claim to the term.  A daisy-clipping trot
is one that doesn't waste a lot of energy with high action, but that has a lot
of drive and reach.  It is low (hence the name--the feet are clipping the
daisies), ground-covering, and generally very easy to ride.

Heidi