Re: Tall Riders

Hi, Jan!

I have yet to buy my first horse (looking, though!) and would LOVE to
find an anglo the size of yours, that sounds marvelous!  Right now, I
ride at a nearby ranch, and have learned to be comfortable on
everything from thoroughbreds to small quarterhorses, as well as the
15-2 anglo-arab who's my "practice" endurance horse (not really
conditioned).  But it is definitely weird changing around - which part
of my leg is touching (or can reach) the part of the horse I want to
connect with?  You sure can't ride in automatic!

But, (and this is tongue in cheek), in northern Cal. we tend to ride
in wooded areas, and we need the smaller horses to get under the
branches!  While in Colorado, you probably need the taller one to go
over the cactus! {:Q

Well, I'm off - going to ride Diablo Vista this week-end on a
large-boned, muscular mustang, who makes up in barrel what she lacks
in legs ('tho she's probably 15-2).  LD only, so you don't have to
wish me luck. Newbys both of us!

P.S. My mother lives up the Poudre Canyon outside of Colorado - I'm
dreaming of some day going up for a visit and being able to do a local
ride while I'm there.  Then I'll get to dodge cactus and boulders, too!

P.P.S. This has probably gone off-topic, so no more postings about
tall riders to ridecamp from me!