Re: The great drug debate

Well, I've learned the hard way not to respond to one message in a thread
until I've read all the others already posted.

Folks, I'm a newbie/wannabee.  I'm not trying to push my horse when he's
not healthy.  Geez, I'm conditioning for a year before even doing an LD
(and this with an eight year old who's on hilly pastures 24/7).  And I
stopped riding my horse last year for several months when I learned that my
saddle was a bad fit for him and had probably been causing him pain.

I asked my question out of ignorance (how long might the bute still be in,
and thus altering, his system).  I'll try one more time -- if my horse is
healed and strong and re-conditioned and seemingly ready to compete, can I
assume that the bute he was given when he was hurt is now out of his system?

Cindy Eyler