RE: Slant Loads

From: Pat Bush
Email: kenpat@jps.net

Hi all,

I use a two horse slant load and have always liked it, but when I think back,
several of my horses over the years have not been able to ride in the front
stall.  They have  torn the hide off the left hip.  Even found one mare (not
mine) lying down under the divider in front of the second horse.  Scary.   Just had a horse slip and fall and get caught under the gate a few days ago.
We live in the mountains with lots of curves.  This probably contributes to the
problem.  And, before anyone questions my driving, I have been pulling
horses forever and I drive very carefully. For the person who loads their
horses backwards within the slant load dividers, I would be very careful.  The
slant load trailers are built with the horses heads towards the middle of the road
for a reason.  The road has a crown in the middle so if loaded backwards, the horse is
facing downhill and this puts too much pressure on the front legs.

Pat Bush-Sierra foothills of California