re: legal substances

OK, I agree with the logic of not posting a list of illegal substances
because of the impossibility of being complete, but I think a little
more definition in the rules would be helpful.  Last time the drug
discussion came up some one wondered if Desitin was OK.  Perhaps the
veterinary committee could post a list of legal items - ointments, 'lytes,
etc. and an "EXAMPLE" list of illegal items.  I am sure that with a
properly worded header it would be plain that it was not an exhaustive
list and it would be helpful to have pointed out some things that
might not be thought of as drugs (ie many of the compounds in liniments)
but are illegal under AERC rules.

Teresa

(BTW  kudos to the veterinary committee for getting the drug testing
program going this year - I was pleasantly surprised to find that one
of our little local rides was tested this year)