Long Leaf

I don't know if anyone has posted response to Angie's questions about the
Shockaloe Trails vs. Long Leaf. I'm way behind today on my email.

If not:

Directions are go to Forest MS, right off I-20.  It's about 10 miles or
less from interstate exit, and about 5 miles from middle of town.(Forest).

Trails are flat, flat, flat and very nice. IF it rains, no real bog. There
is one bad creek crossing if the rain gets really, really bad, but they
will reroute that section if need be . I have ridden this trail a LOT, and
have had NO troubles with it.
Vet checks will be away from camp except for Pre-post-1/2 way for 100
milers.  Very well organized though and a fairly easy ride.

Night riding is good. it's fairly comparable to Long Leaf in that respect.
I looked back in my records and in 1996, the winning time for the 100 was
11:16 by Nina Warren.  The slowest time was 17:10.  I don't have records
for last year...can't remember when the ride was., but I think I remember
going and helping at that ride last year.  Age....:-)

Angie, if you  or anyone has any questions please let me know.
I can give vague directions there, and  I'm sure they would be accurate,
if anyone is interested. You  can look on the map of MS and see Forest and
just get off that exit.  go into Forest and then look for signs for the
Nat'l forest.  If you are coming from the way I come from, you will turn
right off the exit, go to town and turn left, and then follow that road
for a few miles and turn right into camp.  There are signs pointing you
in.  and if I remember right, Ruth will have plates and arrows up for us .

I don't live in MS, I'm from Alabama, have just been to that ride about  a
few times!!

Samm C. Bartee-#9432
with
B Jets War Eagle--Ara-App