Cold Weather Colic

I also have a horse that gets mild colic symptoms when colder weather
sets in. I have found that this is a result of him cutting down his
water consumption. My remedy, which has worked very well, is to take him
a 5-gallon pail of hot water (not hot enough to burn obviously, but a
little warmer than warm) once a day. He loves it, keeping his lips in it
and drinking it very slowly until he can drink no more. He usually
finishes at least half of it immediately, then I top it up with cold and
leave it for him all night.

Kelli
Manitoba