Re: Horse Trails Symposium Summary

Thanks for the reminder, Linda- I can give info on acquiring the info as
all the presentors are listed in the back of my notebook!  So here goes:

Trail Construction and Maintenance Notebook
call or write the USDA-FS , Missoula Technology and Development  Center
Building 1 Ft. Missoula
Missoula, Montana 59804-7294
phone: 406-329-3900
fax: 406-329-3719
I paid $5.00 for this book

Speaker Jan Hancock had the publication on Horse Camps but she also has
written a book   " Horse Trails in Arizona" and   "Equestrian Facilities:
A Sourcebook for Designers, Developers, Owners and Agencies".
She can be reached at : The Embassy  805 North 4th Ave. Ste. 703
Phoenix, AZ 85003
phone: 602-252-6971 x. 216
              602-252-8387
fax: 602-252-8222
       602-530-2204
I don't know the costs of these publications.

The BlueRibbon Magazine is available by calling Idaho: 208-233-6570
Their website is www.sharetrails.org   and   www.sharetrails.org/mag

Something I didn't mention was a great short video that that Pam Gluck of
American Trails has concerning sharing trails.  It starts with a
horseback rider meeting a mtn. biker and offering him to ride with her a
bit (she just happens to have an extra mount)  Then a  hiker gets to ride
and the horseback rider tries to ride a mtn. bike.  Funny and  self
explanatory- we all enjoy the trail for the same reasons...the trail
looks different from each perspective etc etc.  She will send a copy of
the video for I think $10.
Pam Gluck
American Trails
P.O. Box 11046
Prescott, AZ 86304
phone: 520-632-1140
fax: 520-632-1147
email: AmTrails@lankaster.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]