Re: Quest wormer

> Has anybody used the  new Quest wormer??? Any pros or cons???

My vet advised me not to use it.  He said he did many colic surgeries on
horses that had been recently treated with quest.  Apparently it is easy to
overdose and interacts with fat differently than ivermectin does.  So ponies
and lean, fit horses are most susceptible.  We had a discussion on ridecamp
about this a few months back so you might check the archives for the
particulars.  I know many ridecampers had no problems and were planning to
continue using it.  I gave the tubes I had away because I didn't want to
take any chances.

Karen Steenhof
Boise, Idaho
steenhof@cyberhighway.net