From: Scott D Johnson <scottj@cyberlynk.com>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 1998 10:31 PM
Subject: yikes!

Hello,

I just subscribed to this list yesterday. I am interested in
endurance riding- just short novice rides and thought I'd lurk around here
and see what I can learn.  I must say I'm a bit intimidated already!!  My
horse has never tyed up before.  She's a Standardbred that raced years ago.
I've had her for 4 years and just pleasure ride.  When we go on the trails
she goes and goes and  never seems to tire.  That's what gave me the idea
of trying a little endurance with her.  Maybe this is more than I am
looking for.  I will continue to read the posts and am looking for a good
book on the basics.  Happy Trails

Dede and Boogie Blues in Central CA