Re: Mystery illness is tying up....

He looked at her feed and supplement and she is very short
> on Se and E.

This got me thinking about my mare's Se and Vit E levels so I called my
feed company (Nutrena-Farr Legacy) and they said the feed has 6lbs per
ton of Selenium and 8 pounds per ton of Vitamin E.  Okay... now how do I
figure out if my horse is getting enough?  What is enough?  If I
supplement will I be overdoing it?  Thanks for any input.

Karen Gehringer
Ormond Beach, Fl