Re: Tying up & cramps

In a message dated 10/20/98 5:59:30 PM EST, limnos@junction.net writes:

<< I think we have the serious tying up under control but my concern is, what
 to do about the cramps.  >>

I've never had this problem myself, but my riding buddy has. Her horse would
cramp on one hind, sometimes at the vet check, sometimes at the finish. There
was one ride which I was unable to compete, so I crewed for her. I massaged
this horse's rear the entire time he was in the vet check area. I did this
even while the PR was done and right up until the trot off for the vet. He
never cramped. Don't know what was going on with him, but this seemed to fix
it. From that time on, she would massage him herself, (we rode crewless) and
he never did it when she massaged him.
Leigh Preddy SE