Sponge on the fly

Angie
I have a couple of questions. I'm sure you can hit a bucket of water on the
fly now. How long did it take you to refine your technique?

If you always have the sponge in your hand, how do you manage to do other
things that require a hand like grabbing your water bottle, looking at your
trail map, picking tree branches out of your helmet, or just plain holding
on for dear life when necessary - all while the other hand presumably is
tied up holding the reins???

Brenda (lookin' forward to trying this out).