Re: Unofficial WEG Team

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:53:40 -0400, Truman Prevatt
<truman.prevatt@netsrq.com> wrote:

>Tell you what guys give me,  give me the four guys with the best 100 meter
>times in the world and a week to work them on the baton exchange  and I'll
>challange anybody elses team to a 4x100 realy.  You can use any selection
>process and stragety you wnat,bu in the end I am sure I wouldn't have many
>takers.

And if two of your guys have a history of cramping at about 50 yards
into their run?  How much of a chance do you have then?  If they both
run clean that day, you may win, but if either one cramps your team
doesn't even finish.

Far fetched?  It shows the weakness in your example.  Far more horses
are pulled at endurance rides than runners collapse on the track.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net