Re: Unofficial WEG Team

There seems to be some real stretching here. A lot of sports are team sports,
but to different degrees.  Basketball is a team sport and the make up of the
current five guys on the court is important.  You win in basketball, by moving
the ball to create an open shot and take it.  You win in basketball by good
team defense, eg switching coverate, etc.  Football is a team sport where each
member has a job and has to do it. Baseball is a sport played as a team but is
really a sport of many individual contest.  There is not much the on deck guy
can do to help the batter at the plate and there is little the shortstop can
do to help the pitcher on a given pitch.  It is a contest between pitcher and
batter.  If the shortstop boots a ball, he boots the ball as an individual.  A
relay in track is again a team effort with success dicitated by individual
efforts.  A runner can learn very eaisly to pass a baton.  The winning
stragety in a relay is to have the best eight legs you can fine on the team.

So team sports are team sports to  degree.

Seems to me that team endurance riding is more like a relay in track than
basketball.  All that is needed to make it a team is eaisly learned and
perfected and what really matters is the best horses to make up the team.

Tell you what guys give me,  give me the four guys with the best 100 meter
times in the world and a week to work them on the baton exchange  and I'll
challange anybody elses team to a 4x100 realy.  You can use any selection
process and stragety you wnat,bu in the end I am sure I wouldn't have many
takers.

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm with one on the way
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.