RE: Unofficial WEG Team

I absolutely agree with Teddy.  I have a background in bicycle road racing.
Even though you are on the bike by yourself, pushing the pedals by yourself,
working past the pain by yourself, almost everything you do when you are in
a pack of riders or out in front can affect your team mates.  The teamwork
that 3-5 riders have is unbelievable.  If one you your team mates is better
in the hills or the flats, all of you can work together to put that rider in
a position to perform under the best circumstances.

The same can be said for endurance riding.   For example, if two horses are
traveling great together it might be necessary to hold one back in a Vet
Check if one comes down slower than the other.  Remember Kansas at the last
Vet Check.  Larry's strategy was superb.  Remember North Americans at
Arizona.  Tony kept Chris and Marcia together and the won.

This is just the "tip of the iceburg".  Teamwork in an individual sport, for
those that have not competed seriously, is not understood or appreciated.

Mike Lynch