Re: Unofficial WEG Team

In a message dated 98-10-15 01:00:41 EDT, katswig@deltanet.com writes:

<< Personally, I would ilke to see this kind of event in endurance.  ANd
 leave the team event/s to USET.  And USET has the responsibility of
 fielding the team that has the best chance of winning.  In doing this,
 USET is not required to be "fair." >>

Kat is right that there are two completely different "games" here and it would
be nice to have both at a world level.  Many of us who consider "endurance" to
be a year-long commitment do not compete much in AERC since they did away with
a year-end points champion, either--and that competition is not exclusive from
the single-ride format to which they are going that means something to some
people and nothing to some of the rest of us.  I compare it to the family
award and the stallion award--they are both nice awards, but I have stallions
and no kids, so one obviously interests me more as a competitor than the
other.  That does not mean that I have to rally to do away with the family
award to somehow make the stallion award more meaningful.  Quite the
contrary--I can root for my friends with families in the family competition,
and they can root for us with our stallions.

Carlos, perhaps you should direct your energy in the direction of making a
World Cup a reality, if you truly want to compete in that sort of format.

Heidi