Re: Unofficial WEG Team

Carlos Crespo wrote:

> Most other countries do select their teams by competition.

BUT, each ride is different..each rider is not
only riding against others, but against terrain,
temperature, etc...  Consistency is FAR more
important that just one win or two.  We MUST have
RELIABLE horses/riders...ones we are darn sure CAN
and WILL do the job..with a PROVEN record of good
finishes.  Head to head competition belongs at the
WEC...NOT on our home chosing ground. It takes
only one ego to ruin a ride and we all know how
"off track" and "out-of-focus" we can all get
towards the end of the race. This is why we have
crews and Chef 'd Equip's...to help riders stay
focused.  Is is EXPECTED of the rider to trust and
follow the orders of the Chef 'd Equip who bases
his decisions on the ever changing events
throughout the race.

No, do NOT expect that if you make the squad you
will make the team, NOR should you expect to be
the winner, but to be an important PART of the
winning team.  AND, if NOT chosen for the team,
you are NOT there just for you...you can still
take part in the strategy to help make your TEAM
win.

Teddy (who thinks Kansas is NOT the way to judge
how the WEC always has been or is to be)