Re: WEG Selection process

Hi Angie,

You wrote:

> The one thing my "UK" friend kept commenting on while here was how spread
> out everything is.  Consider the area covered by our country, and you can
> imagine how hard it is to see all the horses.  I think the UK has the
> advantage there in being able to see the top horses go head to head more
> often.

Hmmm....yeeeessss. I can see your point. How do
the selectors for the eventers/dressage/SJ get on
in the US then? Presumably these competitors do
'earmarked' selection competitions? Or?

I appreciate that it is tricky, but the
impression I got was that the selection process
was a closed book for most 'mere mortals'. Is
this true? What action plan would a rider take in
the US to ensure consideration for the US team?

Cheers!

Liz and Basil The Nag
--

Dr E Carpenter