Wolrd Cup for Endurance

Kat says:

"What the FEI really needs to make Carlos happy is a World Cup of Endurance
(which is not a team event) like those that they have in show jumping and
dressage.  All the riders in the world accumulate points during the course
of the ride year to qualify to the World Cup event, and each individual
gets to attend based on that performance (no matter how many from which
countries).  Then they have the event, and one individual wins the event.

Personally, I would ilke to see this kind of event in endurance.  ANd
leave the team event/s to USET.  And USET has the responsibility of
fielding the team that has the best chance of winning.  In doing this,
USET is not required to be "fair."

kat
Orange County, Calif."

The was the first EVER World Endurance Cup last year in Qatar....I was there as
crew for three USA riders.  If you did not see my story in January 1998 AERC
News, let me know.  I can post it here on ridecamp (long) It was a once in a
lifetime event....

Riders throughout the world ARE given points for placing on FEI rides
worldwide...the top horses in each nation are invited to take part.  If someone
opts NOT to go, the next person on the list is welcome....

This event attracted the BEST riders  in the world...believe me, there was NO
arguing, no bad "eggs"...just a tough head to head competition where the two
first riders came across the finish line holding hands as if in a tie....all
for the glory and a $9,000 first prize.  Riders from around the world helped
each other....their crews helped each other.

That is why I am going back to Dubai this fall....a class event with class
people. Yes, it is a WORLD Championship and WE want to win.  But, no matter who
has more money, more crew, more information, etc.....the BEST WILL come out on
top.

I have joined the ranks of FEI Officials (by taking a course and passing a
test)...no I must spend time apprenticing and observing.  I was VERY pleasantly
shocked to find that FEI is FOR the welfare horse first and the fairness to all
competitors second. These people reallt do try to make it an honest
competition....

See it from the inside...it's a tough game with tough decisions at times.  You
do NOT get the nit-picking that we see at some "local" rides. It is truely
TEAMWORK by all involved...from the riders to the "gofers"..EVERY participant
plays an important role.

Teddy