Ok, I was wrong..THIS is my last statement!

For those who don't have a copy of the AERC Articles of Incorporation, I
am listing below paragraph (e) of Article SECOND which states:

"(e) To exercise all the powers of a non-profit corporation set forth in
Section 501 of the Corporations Code; provided, however, that this
corporation shall not; except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any
activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the
primary purposes of this corporation."  THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT
STATES THAT WE WERE ORIGINALLY INCORPORATED TO OPERATE AS A SECTION 501
CORPORATION.

The reference to *primary purposes*, in a nutshell are:

a) "promote the sport and pastime of endurance riding......"
b)  "to gather and disseminate information pertaining to the riding of
horses over long distances..."
c)  "to encourage and sponsor the collections and publications of
scientific data..."
d)  To present awards...."

Not only are we now a 501(c)(3) Federal Tax Exempt organization, but
obviously, we were incorporated to be a "non-profit corporation" operated
under the rulings of a  Section 501 Corporation.

To continue to be able to operate under our current 501(c)(3) Status,
AERC must add paragraphs (e)  and (g), which are stated on page 46 of the
October EN.

VOTE YES ON AERC PROPOSAL 1

Randy Eiland

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]