Re: shock tamer hoof pads

guest@endurance.net wrote:

> Does anyone have any info.on shock tamer pads. Where to find,price,do they really work?
> Do they have a internet site?

You can contact Shock Tamer company at:EQUINE TECHNOLOGIES
416 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, Ma. 01776
phone--978 443 8078

We have a foundered horse with some drop to his sole who can compete on the rocks
comfortably in Shock Tamers.  He'd be very ouchy on the rocks at a walk without them.  They
truely do make a difference.
Once, we lost a pad.  We placed a standard "plastic-type" pad of the same weight on the
other front foot.  Major told us that there was <definitely> a difference between the two.

I think that the full pads are terrific.  The rim pads end up having so much of the
different densities of material removed (trimmed to fit the shoe) that we don't seem to
gain any advantage from them over traditional rim pads.  Perhaps the rim pads would work
better for a horse who wore something bigger than a size 1 shoe.

They also make a "medicator" or "hospital" pad where the center snaps in & out.  We
thought, "How great - we can leave his foot open in a "rim pad" until we're ready to ride,
then snap in the insert to make a full pad".  WRONG!  The insert is NOT made to stay in
place for heavy activity (riding at 8-12 mph for 50 miles).

Linda Flemmer