Bone glue

Someone asked about bone glue in a post about a month ago. I found a very
short note about a new product call Norian Skeletal Repair System (SRS) in
the October '98 Reader's Digest (pg.94) I located a web site for Norian at
http://www.norian.com

The following was copied from their web page:

How it Works
Norian Skeletal Repair System Cancellous Bone Cement (Norian SRS) is an
injectable and moldable, biocompatible, cancellous bone cement. Norian SRS
consists of two sterile components: Calcium Phosphate Powder and Sodium
Phosphate Solution. When mixed together the two components form a smooth,
viscous paste that remains formable and injectable for approximately five
(5) minutes (at 18 - 23°C). The paste hardens within ten (10) minutes of
delivery (at 37°C). When fully cured the composition is equivalent to the
mineral phase of bone.

Attributes

Norian SRS cement:

Is injectable and moldable

Hardens in 10 minutes

Attains high compression strength as it transforms to the mineral phase of
bone

Is biocompatible

Is remodeled (removed and replaced) by the patient's bone cells as part of
the body's natural process of maintaining skeletal structure

Jim Clanin
Family Photo
Atascadero, CA.