Re: Euthanasia / Prop 6

Dear Kathy,

I have the same problem with Prop 6.  I SOUNDS great on paper, but
people who don"t own or understand the horse  finances are voting on
this bill, and horses are NOT  dogs or cats . It takes     a lot  of
feed and care for  older horses they age just as we do and have many of
the same "pains".  Sometimes the humane thing to do is "put them down".
This I have done at my home also, but when you have several, and you
don"t want them sent on a cruel trip to slaughter, it gets to be a REAL
problem.

I have also been told that they cannot be  euthanized, if  the end
result is "food", but that the methods used can be just as humane if
done by an expert "shot".I am still hopilng someone ilnk Northern
California will be able to help out!

/Thanks. Maureen