Lets Talk Flexion

Hi All!
Well I have a few questions about flexion.  How is it that my horse looks
great on the straight a way and perfect on small circles in both directions
but fails flexion on right front and left hind?  I am wondering if I am
doing flexion right?  I know to bend the joint for 60 seconds then run the
horse off, but if I pick up the leg and bend the ankle and knee is that too
much flexion?  Should I just be flexing one joint not 2?  How many of you
have apparently sound looking horses that fail flexion?

The right front may be from a cactus barb that I don't think I got
completely out but the left hind he did look a little off after his last ld
last weekend and there was a lump on his tendon that went away the next
day.  No heat ever and the the lump was totally gone the day after the
ride.  If he's off I can afford to give him max 2 months off since our
rides are few and far between but I'd hate to give him too much time
because he is so sharp right now.

So what do you think group?