Re: Lost Wagon Train - Help Wanted

DreamWeaver wrote:

> Don't any of you think I'm going to ride my horse into the ground
> (he wouldn't let that happen, trust me!)....

It's true, you know. Weaver didn't even notice that 50 we did
last weekend. Provo may have done it with flying colours, but
at least *he* had the decency to look a little tired afterwards.

Weaver, on the other hand, nope, no signs at all.

> (and Susan G - he is still at least a 5 or 5.5 body condition)

...I was about to qualify my above comment with the fact that
Weaver is not exactly losing ground from his "heavy" workload.
The horse looks like a sausage.

> As for you Lucy - you already have "it" - whatever this addiction to riding
> long distances is.  Trust me, you have it already.

Awww.... (just don't tell Patrick... although he might have
already guessed...)

> Anybody that brings their own bed blanket for their horse.....

It was meant to be Provo's to start with, but I liked it too much
to give it to him (and Glenda told me it was the wrong sort of
polarfleece) so I kept it for me. Now I use it, and he can
*borrow* it in a pinch.

But that blanket is starting to get washed more often
than some of *my* clothes, so it might be time to investigate
buying him something a little more robust than his cooler...
but I wasn't going to do any cold, winter rides, remember?

> >... and then,
> >just yesterday, she was trying to get me to go back up
> >to NV in November for a ride.
>
> Awwwwww come on - it's not that cold - you can do it.

It *is* that cold Karen. I remember distinctly you mentioning
the ice formed on the top of the buckets. That's cold. I don't
"do" cold anymore. Why d'you think I moved to CA?

> ....what's your excuse now?  Anybody else wanna come?

I *want* to come, but Patrick would not be amused.
Let me work on it, and we'll aim for next year - that'll
give me a whole year to work on him, get him riding Provo,
so we can do it together...

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA

with Mouse and Provo